The IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive is a 100 GB external Ultrium tape drive with a sustained data transfer rate of up to 15 MB per second (uncompressed). It features data compression hardware which provides an effective capacity of up to 200 GB and an effective transfer rate of up to 30 MB per second, depending on the characteristics of the data transferred. The 3580 provides a cost-effective solution for save/restore and archiving functions.
This product Features:
- Tape capacity up to 100 GB native per cartridge (200 GB with 2:1 compression)
- Data transfer rate up to 15 MB per second (uncompressed), up to 30 MB per second with 2:1 compression
- Low-Voltage Differential (LVD) Ultra2 SCSI attachment that connects to LVD fast/wide adapters
- High-Voltage Differential (HVD) Ultra SCSI attachment that connects to HVD fast/wide adapters
- Adheres to Linear Tape-Open (LTO) specifications